Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Twisting and Turning

I've been experimenting with wire these days. There is something soothing about working it. Twisting and bending it into shape, Hammering it flat, adding texture, then puzzling the pieces together.

I've been on a Goddess kick. I love the shape of them. Making them is both frustrating and satisfying. I have destroyed my fingernails, several pieces of skin, and have bruised my thumbs. It's important to make sure that one's thumb isn't under the path of the hammer.

This one was my first:

Photobucket

And then I made one for a hair stick:

Photobucket

Experimented in sterling:

Photobucket

Spirals and stones:

Photobucket

I decided to take a break from goddesses and try something different:

Photobucket

But couldn't resist going back for a tiny one in Iolite and sterling:

Photobucket

I have more wire coming in tomorrow. I've blown through 50 feet of copper in just a few days. Those little things take a whole lot of wire. I have a few that I haven't assembled yet. I have a tin with little bodies and arms in it, waiting for me to take the time. I have eventual plans for a dragon, and some fairies. I also need to make necklace chains for the other ones.

No comments: